Sonu Sood now arranges buses to take migrant labourers home to Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand.


Won’t Rest Until The Last Migrant Reaches Home: Sonu Sood

Just days after arranging busses to for migrant workers to reach their homes in the state of Karnataka, actor Sonu Sood has now ensured that workers from states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand also reach home safely. 

View this post on Instagram

घर चलें❣️@goel.neeti

A post shared by Sonu Sood (@sonu_sood) on


We got a video of the star wearing the necessary protective gear as he waved busloads of workers goodbye as they commenced their journey home. On Saturday (16 May), actor Sonu Sood has arranged for more buses to take migrant workers home after he obtained special permission from the Uttar Pradesh government.

 Sonu said in a statement that he is pained by the plight of the workers who are unable to go home owing to the nationwide lockdown imposed to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Over the last couple of months, the star has been proving that he has a heart of gold by offering his Juhu hotel for healthcare workers, distributing food among the underprivileged, and of late, helping daily wage workers reach home.

According to reports, Sonu has been doing his bit to get the necessary permissions in place to ensure these stranded workers reach home safely.

“It has been an emotional journey for me as my heart pains to see these migrants staying away from their homes walking on streets. I will continue sending migrants home until the last migrant reunites with his family and loved ones. This is something really close to my heart and I will give it my all”.
Sonu Sood, Actor


Re-tweeting one such tweet of Sonu, Smriti praised Sonu and said that he is proud of Sonu. Smriti wrote, “Sonu, it is my good fortune that I have known you for 2 decades as a professional fellow and have been happy at your progress as an actor. But the kindness you have shown in such a challenging situation, Seeing him makes me even more proud of you. Thank you for helping the needy. “

In a statement to IANS, the actor said, "I feel it is my duty to help the migrants, the heartbeats of our country. We have seen migrants walking on the highways with their families and kids. We just can't sit in the AC and tweet and show our concern till we don't go on the roads, till we don't become one of them. Otherwise, they will not have the trust that there is someone standing there for them. So I have been coordinating for their travels, for permissions from different states."

The problem of migrant laborers has emerged as the biggest issue during the lockdown caused by Coronavirus in the country. The picture of migrant laborers from different states of the country moving from their homes hundreds of kilometers on foot to reach their homes by means of bicycle, truck, or cement mixer has been continuously revealed. Meanwhile, Bollywood actor Sonu Sood has seen many migrants in buses Pledged to send him home and now Union Minister Smriti Irani has also praised him. 


He further claimed, "Now I get so many messages and hundreds of emails every day saying that they want to travel and I have been coordinating non-stop from the morning till the evening. This has become my only job during this lockdown. It gives me so much satisfaction that I can't express in words. When I see these migrants and all those who are suffering, I feel that we have lost the respect of being a human. I can't sleep properly in the night because the thoughts keep coming in my mind.

The entire day I am reading emails, noting down their phone numbers, trying to call them. There are hundreds of them. I wish I could drive them personally to their villages day and night and reunite them with their families." Calling the labourers the ‘real face of India’, he said, "They are the real face of India who have worked hard to build our houses.

They have left their homes, their parents, their loved ones and worked so hard just for us. Today, if we are not there to support them, I think we don't have any rights to call ourselves human beings. We have to come forward and help them with the best of our abilities. We can't leave them on the streets, we can't see them dying on the highways, we can't let those little children walking with them think that there is no one for their parents."


Sonu had taken to his Instagram to express how happy it made him to be able to send those away from their homes back to their respective villages and wished them all a safe journey.
                                                                                Sources: Mumbai Mirror

Post a Comment

Comment your helping thoughts about the article !

Previous Post Next Post

Video

News

Ads

Post Top Ad

Archive

Post Bottom Ad

CORONA UPDATES

Technology

Featured

Videos

Affiliate Ads